Sunday, September 19, 2010

Colorful Daegu








Every city in Korea has a little motto, usually an adjective + city name. So far, the only exception I've seen is "Hi Seoul," but I'm sure there are others. 

Every Wednesday, a group of us active, Daegu ladies get together and play soccer in Siji at Gosan field. Last week, the moon was stunning. I love the moon every day, but this one was on my list of favorites - low and golden. Oh my moon.

There's always random English text out and about, on signs, in shops, restaurants, etc. The hedgehog appeared at a burger joint about a 5 minute bike ride from my apartment.

After an absolutely delightful sol galbi dinner (beef rib slices, perhaps... with amazing sides) in Wolbae last week, we stumbled over to a bar next door. This was my first experience being served larvae - beondegi. Of course, I didn't try it. But I had to take a picture, which never fails to disgust me every time I look at it.

Next up, tandem toilets: mother/child. The restrooms in the subway in Siji was again a first sight for me. In one stall, there's a regular toilet, and directly in front it is another toilet - only it's a third of the size. An actual toilet for a toddler. You can "sit" and watch your child "sit" in front of you. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment