Thursday, October 20, 2011

Easy Rider to Da Lat

The Americans, the Brits and Amy and I arranged for a guide and five motorbikes for the eight of us. Amy and I rode as passengers as neither of us was prepared to drive for six hours on the hilly, curvy road to Da Lat. We stopped along the way to check out a waterfall, a local coffee shop and for some bike repairs. The British boys got a little overconfident in their driving and touched wheels and spun out a bit. Luckily, the bike was fixable by our guide, and Sam suffered only some bloody scratches.








I heard Da Lat was fabulous and famous for strawberries and wineries. It wasn't exactly what I had expected upon arrival. Again, we didn't have great weather. The town was small and wasn't full of activities or many tourists, or strawberries! We went for a stroll through the market where I tried many unfamiliar fruits and also witnessed the slaughtering of a duck.




When I finally found strawberries, they were small and bruised and went bad within an hour of buying them. Bummer! Later, we checked out the Da Lat "Crazy House" which I didn't find too crazy.



We also went to a waterfall and took a little "roller-coaster" ride down to the water and then shot a few bow and arrows.


Da Lat was alright, but we probably should have gone to the beach town of Minue instead. Next time.

Off to Saigon!

No comments:

Post a Comment