Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cebu with Cebuanos.

I got in touch with the Cebuanos that my friends had met, and they set me up with a nice, affordable hotel. We also made plans to meet up and maybe get a mini city tour. Meanwhile, during the day, I walked over to the mall and found a Red Mango! Should I feel guilty for linking to Red Mango from my blog and not Menchie's? Open a damn Menchie's in the Philippines, someone! I finished my cup of fro-yo in about the time it took "Mr. Jones" to finish playing over the speakers.



This mall was full of all the American brands and dozens of other things. I took a stroll through the supermarket and my jaw dropped at the sight of Blue Doritos and Hot Cheetos - I didn't even feel like eating them, but I had to have them both, obviously.

After that, I met up with Kyra, Summer, Maya and Cat - a few of the girls that my friends had met. A few hours of chatting passed, and I went to get showered up before Maya, her brother and Cat picked me up for dinner at their home. We had delicious chicken with steamed rice wrapped in heart-shaped coconut leaves.



I was so thankful and honored by their kindness and welcoming. We all got along great, and it seemed as if we hadn't only met a few hours prior. They took me to a restaurant/bar called Mr. A's that was on top of a hill overlooking the city. They treated me to a few cocktails while we all talked and laughed, and I enjoyed the view. Kyra drove me back to my cute, very small hotel room at Islands Stay for $22 a night - I splurged.



My last day in Cebu, I strolled through the mall again before meeting Kyra for some sightseeing. She took me to Fort San Pedro, Magellan's Cross and a famous church. Once it was dark, we went to Tops Lookout on the highest part of the hill. The view was beautiful.







We met Maya for Mexican dinner and went off to bed. These girls really made my trip, and I got to see Cebu in a different way than most travelers. I hope I can host them in the States soon! Now back to Thailand for a 24-hour journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment